Server FeaturesClick the image to open the tab and read more!
- Laid-back and friendly community. Even with all of its unique features, DSA aims to be welcoming to newcomers by providing clear information and remaining open and receptive to any and all feedback from members.
- An organized gallery system for preventing works from being cluttered/lost. Content sent into the gallery channels will automatically generate threads in order to keep things clean and encourage feedback towards each member's piece. In addition, there is a more "casual" gallery channel for sending WIPs, doodles, etc. in case the thread-gallery system feels too formal or daunting.
- Starboard bot. Any message can be given the ⭐ emoji reaction to be placed in a channel dedicated to showcasing the jawdropping highs (and hilarious lows) of the server!
- An environment for comfortably sharing about original characters, stories, lore, etc. Activities such as "Dev QOTD (question of the day)" and the #oc-show-and-tell channel are just a couple of the things DSA provides to give members the OC stage.
DSA offers a variety of casual, cooperative and competitive events. The most popular of these are the monthly events, but the server also hosts "side events" in between to keep things alive. An archive of past events can be found here.
Each month, members are prompted to create content of their characters according to a specific theme or challenge. While the events generally lend themselves to drawn artwork, many of them are also open to writing and other forms of submission. The monthly events are intended to be low-pressure, though some may have raffles for participation and/or prizes for the winner of a competitive event.
DSA also hosts other events aside from the monthly ones (referred to as "side events"). Though they may not get a flashy banner and announcement, they are still enjoyed by the community. Examples of these smaller events include:
- Member-suggested events (e.g. "DeviantArt wolf base" design challenge)
- Facilitative channels for external events (e.g. ArtFight)
Many members of DSA enjoy playing video games. The server supports this by providing opt-in ping roles for finding people to play with, as well as its own Minecraft server.
SEA CUBES is DSA's official Minecraft server. It is modless, meaning players do NOT need to download or set up anything before joining. Here, server-side plugins are used to create custom content - most notably custom gear inspired by the OCs of the server's members. It's also running a few plugins for quality-of-life mechanics such as a chest-sorting tool and waypoints. Additionally, there are some "entertainment" plugins in place to provide functions including sitting/laying anywhere and ...mob disguising?!